Updated: Jan 15
There are so many reasons why you’ll need to pay extra attention to your skin this October. In the chillier months, you need nourishing ingredients to plump up your pores and with all the celebrations going on, your face will need a mask or two to prep and recover post-party.
Sure, you could buy a pricey pumpkin enzyme mask or you could save your skin for free by mixing one up from ingredients you already have at home. We’ve whipped up 2 DIY pumpkin beauty products that have a healthy dose of nutrients that’ll keep you glowing through fall. With vitamin A, C, and E, antioxidants, zinc, potassium, and fruit enzymes, pumpkin is a natural skin superhero.
Pumpkin Mask Recipe
For nourishing and detoxifying tired skin
Pumpkin Face Mask Benefits for Skin
Pumpkin contains vitamin A, C, and E, and antioxidants, which help fight sun damage and wrinkles. It also has fruit enzymes that help naturally exfoliate dead skin cells. Finally, it contains zinc and potassium to combat redness. Honey locks in moisture to keep your skin plump and glowing. Apple cider vinegar detoxes skin, reduces inflammation, and helps fight acne.
1 small slice of pumpkin (roughly ½ cup)
1 raw egg
½ teaspoon honey
½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
How to Make a Pumpkin Mask
1. Puree the pumpkin in a food processor until smooth.
2. Add in egg, honey, and apple cider vinegar and blend.
3. Apply to your clean face.
4. Let it soak in for 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Rinse and apply your usual skin care products.
Pumpkin Body Scrub
For gentle all-over exfoliation
Pumpkin Body Scrub Benefits for Skin
Honey moisturizes skin while the pumpkin’s fruit enzymes and brown sugar gently dissolves dead skin cells.
½ cup pureed pumpkin
½ cup organic brown sugar
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
2 drops vanilla extract
How to Make a Pumpkin Scrub
1. Puree the pumpkin in a food processor.
2. Add in remaining ingredients and mix together.
3. In the shower or tub, apply the scrub on dry skin. Gently rub to exfoliate dead skin cells.
4. Rinse off the remaining scrub in the shower. Your skin will instantly feel smoother.